Consider selling your property? North Tahoe Truckee real estate markets are ever changing requiring experience, knowledge, and creativity to sell your property at its highest value. Peter and Linda Morris, with over thirty years of experience of selling real estate in the Tahoe area are committed to providing you with professional expertise through the selling process. When you list your property with us, here are the many services you can expect.
- Market Analysis
One of the most important aspects of selling your home is determining Fair Market Value. By thoroughly inspecting your property and outlining all its important features and upgrades, we compare recent sales of similar properties, factor in current market trends and interest rates, and take into consideration the competition. At this point a listing price is recommended.
- Property Enhancement
Enhancing the marketability of your property will bring its highest value. This may include de-cluttering to make your home look more spacious or repairs that improve its overall value. With your approval, we can schedule and supervise a home improvement program to include a professional stager, cleaner and/or handyman. The goal is for prospective buyers to envision living in your home, giving them the opportunity to mentally begin ownership.
- Maximizing Exposure
- Prepare and submit accurate, thorough listing information to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Professionally photograph your property including aerial photos to maximize impact of images on the internet, virtual tour, and in print media
- Professionally create a studio quality virtual tour
- Showcase your home on hundreds of consumer real estate websites such as Zillow.com, Trulia.com, Realtor.com, Homes.com, Pinterest.com, YouTube.com, Hotpads.com, Facebook.com, and Activerain.com
- Install a high-security, computerized MLS lock box to facilitate showings and track showings at your property (optional)
- Install a for sale sign on your property with brochure box where permitted
- Create a custom HD brochure outlining key property features
- Introduce your home to the 700+ member Tahoe Sierra Board of Realtors by hosting a Realtor Tour
- Advertise and host regularly scheduled Open Houses (at seller’s convenience, optional)
- Promote your home to hundreds of buyers that are actively searching on our buyer web platforms
- Mail just listed custom postcards to neighbors since numerous sales are made by friends and family of neighbors
- Send a link to the MLS presentation for your approval
- Visit your home weekly to check on the property and refill brochures
- E-mail you direct feedback from other agents on all showings
- Call or email with you regularly to report on the activity and review market conditions
- Constantly review our marketing strategy and adjust as needed in order to get your home sold
- Structuring the Sale
- Provide sound counsel through the negotiation process with over 30 years sales experience and dedicated volunteerism for the California Association of Realtors rewriting contracts to improve Realtor service.
- Carefully review and present all offers for your consideration
- Answer questions and discuss closing costs associated with a given offer and how those costs can affect your bottom line
- Prepare counter offer(s) to integrate the specific changes to your satisfaction
- Signatures for transaction documents can be obtained digitally, mailed or in person, your choice.
- Transaction Management (We are your liaison with the title/escrow company throughout escrow.)
- Open escrow with a title company of your choice and provide all relevant escrow contacts
- Create an escrow timeline so all parties are in agreement to meet requirements
- Order the preliminary title report and review the condition of title
- Facilitate access for property and pest inspections ordered by the buyer, appraiser, and other vendors such as handymen, cleaners, or utility companies
- Supervise any agreed-upon home repairs
- Assist with all required disclosures, including the seller’s Transfer Disclosure Statement, Seller Property Questionnaire, supplemental disclosures, smoke/CO detector, and environmental hazard disclosures
- If applicable, order the HOA documents including the CC&Rs, budgets, by-laws and minutes of board meetings
- Provide updated estimated settlement statements for your review
- Be prudent on all details assuring your real estate transaction closes on time
- Review the final closing statement to ensure accuracy
- Service after the Sale
We store a hard copy (and digital copy) of your transaction documents for five years. As a courtesy, our office can hold a key for your property in case you have need for one, wish to give access to a vendor or friend. Of course we are available to offer recommendations for professional vendors as the need arises.
Peter and Linda Morris, Realtors
Sheridan Brokers Real Estate
CA BRE# 1263573
CA BRE# 1178219